Friday, December 2, 2011

ORTS and Blocks

 The subject of ORTS has come up on line. I didn't keep this years but found a good place for some I've saved from the past. They go real good in glass bottom lamps.


 I was lucky enough to start sewing up my blocks over Thanksgiving holiday for CQ2012. Here's part of the green mess. I  joined up in a study group called Tuesday Stitchers that was formed by Debra Spincic as a platform for the CQ project. A step in the right direction for staying focused and accountable for the new year. The Tues Stitcher blog is also a place for some of the followers of TAST (Take a Stitch Tuesday), being hosted  by Sharon Boggon of PinTangle in 2012.


I've been able to  pare down everything to basics with my move... what I have left will be more than I'll use a lifetime anyway. 2 tubs of fancies, about 25 books and these shelves/baby tubs ARE IT ! There were a few pangs of regret as I bagged things up to give away, quilt books that gathered dust and fabs I'd never use but what a load off. What was I thinking when I bought/collected all that stuff??? This new sewing table is turning out to be the berries and so is the open space that doesn't clutter me and my mind up ( like they're 2 different things). I'm pretty happy with the way my blocks have come out, I'll post them soon.

Happy Friday!

5 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a great way to display your orts! Have to say that I'm liking your studio space too - how I wish I could pare mine down that much.

Debra Dixon said...

Those greens are looking very inviting.

jenclair said...

I wish I could bring myself to do some further purging; each day finds fewer things that can get rid of. Still working on it though. Your clean looking space would make concentrating easier, I think!

Jane said...

I may have to buy a few new things for the CQJP though, a very few. It's tough staying organized , for sure.

Judy S. said...

What a fun place for ORTS! My vase is full to the top and kinda tough to smash down.... You look very organized!