Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Premio Award and a Meme , too

The talented and oh so witty Paula Hewitt from The Beauty of Life , has passed the premio award onward. Thanks P, for handing it on to me!

Here it is....


To keep the fun going I would like to nominate,

Janet from Go Crazy With Me

Sue from the Magpies Nest

Toni from the UP Quilter

Connie from Life Scraps and Patches

Carole from Wippys Place

Judy from Stitch Along With Me

Meg from Albuquerque



Don't want any of you to feel pressured, just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your blogs.

The rules for receiving this award are:
1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link to the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.


5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.

Now on to the 5 Things About Me... separate from above of course...

What was I doing 10 years ago ?

Almost to the day... I was sitting here in the exact same spot I am now, but it was in a Starcraft pop up trailer and we were on vacation as we always were for the first 2 weeks of July. I was probably reading a book and dreaming about what it would be like to live here all the time, making mental notes about where the sun rose, what trees would have to be taken down and putting names to the birdsong I'd never heard before. See? Dreams really do come true!

5 Things On My To Do List Today ? (actually tomorrow, it's evening here now)

a- satellite guy is coming to install Direct TV, we are dumping the Dish
b- study for a certification test I'm taking Tues
c- do some work on my swap block
d- weed out front flower bed
e- launder and hang comforters and bedskirts

Snacks I Enjoy ?

Better Made wheat and honey twisted pretzels, Chex Mix and Townhouse Crackers. Spinach dip and corn chips too, hmmm. I'm more a salty snacker but when I do the sweet craving thing (not often), nothing is safe. I try to keep Captain Crunch cereal around for that. (I'm hungry now)


Things I Would Do If I Were A Billionaire ?

Of course after gifting the close relatives and friends, I'd add on to the house making this part a studio of sorts. I'd have a bio-dome built here on the property with a pool, a waterfall stream and an atrium. I'd love to travel around the world but then I'd come back home to see all of the USA I haven't so far, randomly giving money to people and causes who needed it. I don't think alot would change with me personally. I'd just worry less and smile more, Alot more!

Not that you can buy courage, but I'm sure being a billionaire I'd be confident enough to make a few phone calls and tell some people I know where they could stuff their own money now, !!

Places I've Lived ?

Detroit MI
Fowlerville MI
South Lyon MI
Myrtle Beach SC
UP MI


Hopefully that was somewhat entertaining, certainly more than you may have known about me before.


I've sewn a block for July's TIF and still have the end result of June's to post so I'll get the photos loaded and possibly be back tomorrow.

4 comments:

paulahewitt said...

it is good to know some dreams come true. good luck with the exam. i d tell a few people to get stuffed too - I didnt thank of that! good on you!

Judy S. said...

Thanks, Jane, I really enjoy your blog as well!

Good luck on your certification exam; I'll bet you'll be glad to have that behind you!

gocrazywithme said...

Why thank you, sweet Jane, for nominating my blog for this award! I am not computer savvy enough to put the banner on my site, but I do appreciate that you enjoy it!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Hey, Jane, thanks for the nomination. I always enjoy your blog, too - you can take me to the UP in an instant. You have such a nice way of sharing your home and your quilting - it's like a nice visit. Connie