Sunday, October 26, 2008

October TIF


I think this is the last of my "slice and dice" blocks. It was extremely relaxing working around the pieces with a simple running stitch.... the biggest reason why I choose to create anything... the mindful peace of relaxation. October TIF guide is here.
In addition to my workspace at this post here my most favorite workspace resides in this tin.... any place is my workspace as long as I have this. You know what they say, " The world is my oyster" and it is when you practice a portable hand craft.

Still one TIF behind... Augusts and I don't know why I'm dragging my feet.

5 comments:

paulahewitt said...

I really really like this cq block. i love the running stitch around each patch.

i like your tin too - i carry my sewing around in a ziplock bag in my handbag and always impale myself on a needle while delving around looking for keys.

AND - i love the photos on your sunday post - the autmn colours in those leaves are absolutley gorgeous - i wish i could see them in real life one day...

Cheryl said...

Your block has such simple elegance. I love the look!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

The running stitch is such a nice effect. Sometimes I forget about doing that. The simplicity of the little tin is so attractive. My way of working is different and I require a lot of tools, starting with a sewing machine. I want to try yours one of these days. Have a good week.

sparkle jars said...

This turned out great. I love your little tin. I use an old wooden cigar box. I don't know what I'll do when the little hinges go. :-)
Anyway, your work is beautifuland I love the running stitch...guess I need to finish my October (and September) challenge.

Toni said...

I like your new block..the running stitch is perfect. Do you still have leaves on the trees? We dont....and there is still snow on the ground...Hope you are hunkered down...Toni