Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easter CQ and Memories

Remember that block from this post here ? It's all dressed up for Easter now

I was inspired by the Victorian panoramic eggs that have the scenes inside





The pic above is from D.Blumchens Co, if you're not in the mood for Easter, you will be after a visit there







Confectionery Artists Guild of Orlando has a great page in place with these beautiful sugared eggs and how to make them....hmmm , maybe an idea for next year. And here's another site, Sugar Eggs that customizes these little gems with names and dates if you're not quite inclined to make your own..



I just loooooove these and remember the one and only Easter I ever got one





Anyway I had to fish into the wool/felt box to find a pale pink back for "The Egg" before I stuffed it and came across some of last years booty from the big city. This will turn into another springy post of its own, I'm sure



basket on the kitchen counter





Now for the flashback.... this is sis and I before church back in 1969. Grandma S made my sisters coat and my coat including a lined linen dress... I was so proud of that outfit



it was chilly but I had to show off the dress



and again for Easter in 1970... alittle shorter in the arms and the knees... and more demurely worn than by the little brat a year before... who only knew then what the 70's would bring



I think this was '71... with the coconut bunny cake my mom and I made together. Good memories, spring in the air and all the Hopes that Easter brings makes this my all time favorite holiday.
Wishing that this years big bunny is good to you , too

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I don't know whose blog or what site I saved this photo from but it's for sure NOT mine but I loved the idea. My bras would only be good for seed starting, not growing plants, LOL
HAPPY SPRING !







13 comments:

roxi25 said...

look how cute and innocent....love the photos....

Diana Napier said...

Love the knee socks, how come kids don't wear them anymore?

Allison Ann Aller said...

What a wonderful Easter Egg!!!!

The photos are so precious and innocent...and they remind me that those young girls we were are still alive and kicking inside us women....

Annie said...

Loved the bra planter!!!!! LOL!!!! That could start quite a stir in my neighborhood!

Momma Bear said...

big giggle on the bar planter!
I love your Easter egg, so pretty!
nothing says loving like homemade Easter outfits! treasure the feeling of love in worsted wool and lined linen!)

Judy S. said...

Fun post, Jane! I love your CQ egg.

Scarlett Burroughs said...

This has to be one of my favorite posts ever. Lovely egg, lovely memories and thoughts about Spring.

I linked to it here
http://quilting.craftgossip.com/crazy-quilt-easter-egg/2010/03/22/

Warm regards,
Scarlett Burroughs
Quilting Editor, Craft Gossip

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

I also love Easter sooo much and your CQ Easter Egg is truly beautiful. Love the wool FQ great colors for Easter. I also loved all those sugar eggs. Very creative. And of course you looked sooooooooooooooooo very lovely in your Easter Best. Hugs Judy

Karen said...

Loving the spring pictures!! About how big did your Easter egg end up being?? I really love what you did with it.

Karen said...

Thanks Jane for stopping over and the info on your egg!!

Momma Bear said...

howdy again Jane!
BTW if you do motifs on muslin be careful not to cut too close to the edge as it unravels faster than a sugar high Easter morning!
that egg is so pretty!
reminds me. I must get started on my own eastering

sparkle jars said...

Oh, that cake and those fashions brought back a lot of memories for me! :-)
We must be the same age.

upwoods said...

Funny bra with flowers! You just try that at your house...can't you just imagine what the reaction might be? Loved the pics of you in the "old days"!