Friday, March 5, 2010

My Take on a Dorothy Bond Stitch



Page 60, bottom set ...
working my way up this seam of teensy pine stitches...and now finished, aching for another seam just like this to lose myself in.... finding great pleasure in these minute stitches after the basics are hashed out. While working it, all BS gives way. This is the stitching I crave at present. Most people don't understand why I put this much of my hand to something that is 10" x 10". Obviously, they've never prayed with a needle... so many of mine have been answered this way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




shaggy bull... from todays ride through Elo


Feeling quite bullish myself lately. I hacked down my blog feeder and rid it of all things that don't pertain directly to what my interests are. The past 2 years I've bombarded myself with ideas. Those " One day I'd love to do this" and " Isn't this cool?" kind of blogs. Let's get real here, there's only one of me... I'm done with knitting, crochet and mixed media .... done with looking at tatting, needlepoint and cross stitch, too. Necessary "house cleaning" for where I'm headed.



7 comments:

Judy S. said...

Yikes! I like your pine needles, Jane, and hope you'll still keep me on your list...... Hugs. (I actually did a bit of CQ recently! Can you stand the shock?)

Allison Ann Aller said...

I so totally get that about all chaos and noise giving way when we are minutely and intently stitching. It is why we do it, I am convinced!
This looks superb...Dorothy Bond's book is my #1 favorite, too. ;-)

Cheryl said...

You do such a great job interpreting everything through the eyes of your environment. Great Dorothy Bond adaptation!

sparkle jars said...

The pine needles are beautiful and I've enjoyed catching up on your wonderful posts. I'll be back next week...I've had a full plate lately but look forward to sharing more soon. :-)

Teresa said...

I have been staring at your beautiful stitches for a few minutes now - that are just marvelous. That is one of the things I love about crazy quilts...you always see a different one of the finer details each time you look at one. I am learning as I continue to quilt to slow down and enjoy the process rather than being in a rush to get it done.

Leslie Allen said...

I understand about cleaning out and paring down, trying to focus, concentrate - I've been doing that for years now! Hope it's working for you. But, if other things start creeping back in ... just consider where inspiration comes from ... distraction/inspiration all dressed up in the same guise ... Love the pine stitches.

Louise said...

Funny where our travels on the internet land us. Today some how I landed on your blog. It all started with me spotting Dorothy Bond's book title somewhere else and of course I had to run to my sewing room and see if it was still in it's little spot in my bookcase. It was the first book I purchased on Embroidery Stitches and I love it.I have recently returned to embroidery after many years. With so many quilt patterns including both applique and piecing with needlework I get to embellish my quilts with more than quilting stitches. Love it all and enjoyed visiting in your little corner of the world. Love the photo of your Mom..how sweet is she. I would like to visit your site again so I have bookmarked your blog addy. The pine branches you show are wonderful.