Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thread Painting by Deb

It's been too wet and grey to get any good color pictures. Took this on a whim through raindrops... glad I did because snow covered the area this morn. Yellow and orange predominates this year... red is a treat.

It's been several months since Deb Hardman of Cold Feet Quilter sent this awesome notebook my way. I turned up the lucky one in a giveaway she had.. Thanks again, Deb...it's a well used notepad.

PS. I was remiss in noting the quilt pattern in last post. Disappearing 9 Patch, pdf. instructions found here... provided by Quilts For Kids.org Do check out this worthwhile organization.
Cold, snowy, woodstove burning and football on.... my kind of day !!!

7 comments:

Judy S. said...

Thanks for the link. That is the exact handout I missed at our last quilt meeting! (Too late....) Love that tree; red's my favorite also.

CJ Stitching and Blooms said...

Hello Jane,

Welcome back. You have been missed. Snow in the UP already???? Love the Autumn leaves color. Love those bright glorious reds. Deb's note book is truly lovely. Lucky you to win it. I see you was able to do a bit of stitching. Your stitching is always beautiufl.

Take care Hugs Judy

sparkle jars said...

Having been blessed with the chance to visit the UP during the summer, I wish I could visit your area during every season. What is the lake doing this time of year?

Threadspider said...

Looks as if you are set to snuggle down for the winter with your stitching. It will be soothing and that Kaffe Fassett quilt looks as if it will be very warming.I love KF patterns.

Cathy Clementz said...

Thank you for stopping by my Yooper Yarns and leaving a comment.

Your quilting projects are beautiful...if you've paid close attention to THIS Yooper woman, you know I don't sew...I staple and tape. I'm glad there are people like YOU and my sister who enjoy quilting!

Heather said...

Hey Jane, I'm so happy you're back. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know. Sorry to hear of your loss and best wishes to you. Take your time. xox

sparkle jars said...

I'm enjoying your music while I'm chopping apples! Thank you for your comments.